It is not about counting calories, doing cardio exercise, fab diets. But it is about understanding how the body works and what is inside our food. It is also about changing your lifestyle and mindset.

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Reading : NONSENSE DIETS

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/nonsense_diets.html
This is a very interesting article on diet myths and why modern diet fails. I need to measure the amount of fat that I take in everyday. But it is hard to measure how much fat are there in all the food that we eat.

According to http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_n3_v15/ai_19408662:
About 45 to 65 grams (oil) a day for active women, and 50 to 70 grams a day for active men. That sounds like a lot.

So far, my diet is still high in carbohydrates despite eating not eating rice. My main source of carbohydrates are sugar in fruits. hmm I don't intend to reduce my fruit intake. Should I increase my protein and fat intake?

Looking at this http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0813/is_n1_v16/ai_7378307/pg_1,
"But when Yost gave fat to the formerly-obese women, their LPL soared far above already-high starting levels.(7) "If you present fat calories to a formerly-obese body, the first thing that happens is that the fat is packed into cells for storage," she explains. "These bodies are preferentially pulling fat calories out for storage.""

This means that the fat that I take in will be stored in my fat cells rather than being used to dissolve oil-soluble vitamins? In this case, does it means that obese people does not absorb oil-soluble vitamins like Vit A etc well?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home