It is not about counting calories, doing cardio exercise, fab diets. But it is about understanding how the body works and what is inside our food. It is also about changing your lifestyle and mindset.

Saturday, December 9, 2006

Dividing the meals

Today's weight : 144 pounds.

3 small meals and 2 snacks a day.

For breakfast, I have a pear or apple or both, the big varieties, not the small ones. Then if I get hungry before lunch, I will have another fruit, a papaya or melon.

For lunch, I have cereal and milk, if no one is cooking. Or just rice with lots of vegetables. For the afternoon snack, I have a glass of diluted fruit juice. Or some nuts.

At dinner, it is lean protein and lots of vegetables again.

I have 3 servings of vegetables per meal. The carbo or protein portion only make up 1/4 of my meal.

I fill up my plate with vegetables first, leaving only a small space for my carbo or protein. In doing so, I am reducing the amount of carbo in my meal. It was in my initial plan to take more protein than carbo. But I can't fit the additional protein with my daily calories intake range. Rather, I am aiming for equal portion of carbo and protein in my present diet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home