It is not about counting calories, doing cardio exercise, fab diets. But it is about understanding how the body works and what is inside our food. It is also about changing your lifestyle and mindset.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Recapture of my Weight Loss Plan

After 2 months of exercises, my body is more tone up. My physical health is better. But there is still a long way to go. Over the course of 2 months, I have pick up more information on
  • how body type plays a part in weight loss
  • body sculpturing for the different body shapes (apple, pear, tube, hourglass)
  • diets/food products that improve metabolism
  • when to eat my meals for maximum effect
  • detox diets/lifestyles to drop pounds without exercising
Understanding how all the above factors play a part in transforming my body and lifestyle helps me to establish a weight loss plan.

I am a Endomorphs-Mesomorphs body type person, meaning that I have big bones, tendency to put on weight around my stomach, butt and thighs and low metabolism. But I can also get huge muscles if I do enough weight train. Huge muscles are not part of my goals. Weight training to loss weight shouldn't be what I am aiming for.

Also, I am a Pear shaped person. I need to pump up my upper body to have a better balanced body. I need to keep my lower body lean as well.

Despite doing cardio and PHA exercises for 2 months, I didn't experience a drastic change in my body weight. I feel that the key to help me loss weight fast would be increasing my cardio workouts and also do something about my diet.

First thing I try is to limit my calorie-intake. Oh my! That is not easy initially. I still have chocolate cravings. I love chocolates. Especially dark chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies is another of my favorite. I can finish one packet of Pepperidge Chocolate Chip Cookies in a day, all eight pieces.

I went down to 1500 calories initially, taking in less carbohydrates, increasing the amount of vegetables, fruits and meat. Going down to that amount to get me worried that I am slowing down my metabolism. But seeing that there is no weight loss from my 1500 calories diet, I went down to 1200 calories per day. But my muscles are getting a little soft after just 2 weeks of 1200 calories. I suspect that my muscles are broken down into proteins for my body. My metabolism would have gone down a little. I definitely need to adjust my diet again. Need to take in more protein from now on.

My dietary goal is to take in more proteins but at 1300 calories. I should have equal amount of carbohydrates and proteins. And also small amount of healthy fats. Because for the body to build muscles, it needs fats as well. Healthy fats: cold pressed olive oil, oily fish, avocado. Personally I don't like avocados. Maybe I will try to incorporate that into my diet. :)

So far despite eating less carbohydrates, I am still unable to take in equal portion of carbohydrates and protein. I am still consuming too much fats. These fats come mainly from cooking oil. I need to learn new ways of cooking without using much cooking oil.

I am also trying to eat more thermogenic food. Thermogenic food are those that requires more calories to digest it than it supplies. Broccoli, grapefruits are reputed to be thermogenic. All protein are also thermogenic because the body needs more energy to convert the proteins into amino acids in order for it to be used by the body.

Currently, I am on a detox diet. My breakfast consist of fruits, lunch is carbohydrates and vegetables or cereals, dinner is lean protein and vegetables. I am losing approximately 2 pounds a week so far.

I am also constantly reminding myself that what I eat now will be my fuel for the next 3 hours. So no more eating 3 hours before bedtime. I am trying to make it a habit to exercise before dinner so that dinner's lean protein will be used to mend my body cells damaged during the workout.

My exercise goals are to increase the amount of aerobic workouts since aerobic workouts burns stored fats versus anaerobic workouts which burns carbohydrates. I need to continue training my major muscles to boost my metabolism. Spot-training is also required for my calf, tummy and arms and back.

The end results that I want from this plan would be to keep all the weight I have lose away. Have a trim, proportional figure. A lifestyle to maintain the muscles that I have developed during this period of time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home